(Volunteer) The Pixie Project
– Dog walkers allow dogs to get out of the building and into the fresh air for some exercise. They also provide valuable feedback on the dog’s personality while walking and how they react to stimuli in the big city. Dog walking shifts are available in 30-60 minute increments Tues-Fri 11-6 and Sat 11-4. Due to the popularity of this volunteer job, we limit dog-walking volunteers to two shifts per week. Due to the busyness of the area, this is an individual opportunity and is generally not available for couples or pairs.
– Volunteers in our kennel area will help us with a multitude of “behind the scenes” tasks including potty walks, cutting up treats, making kongs, and LOTS of cleaning! Going through dog walking training is a prerequisite for this job. We particularly need early risers who can help us do morning potty walks (7 am), so let us know if you are morning person!
– Cattery volunteers will help staff maintain the cleanliness of the cattery and provide playtime and socialization for the kitties. They will also be responsible for cleaning and handling cats in the isolation area. Cattery shifts are twice a day (morning and evening) every day. The morning shifts begin at 10 am and the evening shift starts at 5 pm. Each shift generally lasts 1-2 hours.
– These volunteers will help us at events by handling animals and talking to the public about Pixie Project and the positives of animal adoption.
– Do you have a car and a desire to help Pixie? You can be a transporter! We are in need of volunteers to help us pick up animals as well as donations. The need ranges from in-town transports to out of town road trips, so let us know what you are interested in!
We thank our wonderful volunteers and appreciate the remarkable job they do for the animals, the adoption center, and our community.
Organization: The Pixie Project
Duration: Summer and beyond 2018
Eligibility: 16 years old and older